At Centrum Systems we were curious to see the response of the initial release of the Hudson/Jenkins build pipeline plugin by the community. We were pleased with the uptake and received some brilliant feedback including bugs and enhancement requests. Yesterday we published a minor update to the plugin that resolves the majority of the issues as well as offering some new capabilities.
The major improvements we achieved as part of release 1.1.1 are:
- Improved GUI
The GUI has been completely revamped to improve usability and build pipeline display. New features are:
- The whole display is now centred with each build pipeline being clearly displayed.
- Each build has a cleaner look displaying important build information.
- The job and build information is hyperlinked to the respective pages.
- Links have been added to:
- Navigate to the view configuration page
- Invoke a new build of the pipeline
- Support for Parallel Downstream Jobs
You can now create multiple downstream projects from the same upstream project. This includes multiple downstream splits as shown below.
- Support for Automatic and Manual trigger Downstream Jobs
You can now create both automatic and/or manually triggered downstream build steps on the same project.
- Support for Hudson/Jenkins Security Settings
- Improved overall plugin stability
The following defects have been resolved. Remaining defects are visible from the google code issue tracker (http://code.google.com/p/build-pipeline-plugin/issues/list).
|1||Manual execution ignores security settings|
|3||Support for parallel downstream jobs and joins|
|4||Pipelines seem to be repeated to fill “No Of Displayed Builds”|
|5||Images not working in view if using –prefix|
|7||Manual build checkbox losing its value|
|8||Build pipeline revision box does not display SVN revision number|
|10||Images not found|
|11||Descriptions not being saved|
|12||Incorrect job paths|
|14||Pipeline doesn’t stop when one job fails|
|18||Can’t select any job as root|
- Does not support the Join Plugin or Parameterized Trigger Plugin
- Some GUI features not supported under MS IE
- The ability to restart failed jobs
- Support for other Hudson/Jenkins plugins: